UI Advisory Board
Unipal International proudly boasts an Advisory Board of the “brightest and best.” With a diverse range of skills and experience, the Unipal International Advisory Board’s mandate and focus is to provide the Management Team meaningful advice as to the direction the company should follow. Specific company goals spotlighted this year for Member involvement include developing a niche market expansion strategy and revamping/updating the company's market presence.
Advisory Board Members serve as a sounding board, as well as a source of ideas and expertise providing sound advice and ongoing guidance in many different areas including with respect to strategic decision making, organizational development, and industry outreach. These individuals were appointed to offer expert advice on questions whether posed to the whole group or on an individual member consulting basis. The Advisory Board also serves by tracking issues raised between Advisory Board meetings, soliciting Member comments on such issues, and proposing actions to resolve these issues. In short, they provide continuing, skilled, and steadfast support in helping us find ways to best move our business forward. We’re thrilled to recognize this panel of experts as our own and are confident in their ability to help set our business on a true course.
David Browning, P.E.
- Industrial Development Project Examples; Technical Lead, Epley (PI), NIH SBIR Grant 1 R43 DC009521-01, 2008. Technical Lead , HemCon Medical Technologies, Inc, Bandage Adhesion Validation Tester, 2004. Technical Lead, Hewlett Packard Corporation, High Precision Fluid Dispensing, 2000. Senior Development Engineer , TriQuint Semiconductor, Metal Lift Tool, 1998-2000. Senior Development Engineer , Intel Corporation, Hydraulically Operated Transport Device, 1997-1998. Senior Development Engineer, Intel Corporation, Chemical Mechanical Planarization device, 1995-1997. Senior Design Engineer , Howmet Corporation, 1988. Patents: Fastening Device for High-Torque Rotating Machinery. Automated Apparatus for Storing and Dispensing Packaged. Medication and other Small Elements. Automated Medication Unpack/Repack Device. Controlled Magnetic Heat Generation Device. Microfluidic Hemodialyzer and Method for Manufacture. Microfluidic Heat Exchanger for Sterile Water Generation. Special Honors: ASME Winter Annual Conference Speaker, Anaheim, CA, 1987. International Alternative Energy Forum Speaker, Seoul, South Korea, 2004. International Society for Hemodialysis Symposium Speaker, Tampa, Florida, 2005. Oregon State University Academy of Distinguished Engineers Inductee, 2006. Publications: Effects of Laser Welding on Zirconium Impact Samples, 1986. Affiliations: Industrial Advisory Board for the Oregon State University Mechanical Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department. Education/Licenses: Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Oregon. B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oregon State University, Special Studies: Stress Analysis, Machine Design, Materials Science.
- C-Level Executive / Senior Advisor & Consultant: Consultant, Carian Advisors since 2009. President & COO, EDC, LLC 2005-2009. President, WEA Manufacturing-Warner Music Group 2002-2004. SVP Operations, Sony Music 1994-2002. Affiliations: Board Member: University of Oregon Foundation, Emeriti-Oregon Children’s Foundation, Marti Prive, Inc., The Because Group. Board Vice Chair: Montgomery Academy. Board Chair: Montgomery Academy Foundation, High-Tech Broadcasting Network, Clinical Trials of America. Education: MBA, Finance (with Honors) Long Island University, BSME (with Honors) Manhattan College.
Thomas H. Denig
- President, Trus Joist, 2000-2005. President, TJ International, 1995-2000. President, Trus Joist Corporation, 1990-1995. Management and Sales, Trus Joist Corporation, 1974-1990. Lieutenant U.S. Marine Corp. Affiliations: Chairman of the Board of RedBuildt, LLC, Director of JM Huber Company-Engineered Wood Products Division. Education: B.A. Valparaiso University, graduate Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Program, MBA courses at Cal State University and University of Arizona.
- President/Owner, The Ewing Company, Inc. Building industry from 1970-present. A commissioner of Idaho State Building Authority. Member of Boise Elks for 38 years. Army National Guard for 6 years.
- Secretary/Safety Manger/Public Relations, The Ewing Company, Inc. Managing Member and a Member of multiple LLC’s which range from land investments to property management.
Jose M. Hernandez
- Executive Director for Strategic Operations, Merging Excellence and Innovation Technologies, Inc., 2011-Present. NASA: ( Johnson Space Center: Mission Control Capsule Communicator, on detail at NASA Headquarters’ Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs, 2010-Present. Space Flight Experience, STS-128, August 28-September 11, 2009. Astronaut Office Shuttle Branch, Kennedy Space Center, 2006-2011. Astronaut Candidate Training, NASA, 2004-2006. Branch Chief- Materials & Processes Branch, 2002-2004. Materials Research Engineer- Materials & Processes Branch, 2001-2002.) (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: Program Manager, Office of International Material Protection and Emergency Cooperation, 1999-2001. Deputy Program Manager, Highly Enriched Uranium Implementation Program, 1996-1999. Group Leader, Chemistry and Material Science Group, 1994-1996. Electronics Engineer, Chemistry and Material Science Group, 1991-1994. Electronics Engineer, Material Analysis Group, 1987-1991.) Special Honors: Ph.D. Science, University of the Pacific (honoris causa), 2006. NASA Service Awards 2002, 2003. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory “Outstanding Engineer Award”, 2001. Upward bound National TRIO Achiever Award, 2001. U.S. Department of Energy “Outstanding Performance Commendation”, 2000. Society of Mexican American Engineer National Achievement Award, “Outstanding Technical Contribution”, 1995. Graduate Engineering Minority Fellow (GEM), 1985. Eta Kappa Nu Electrical Engineering Honor Society member. Organizations: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Society of Mexican American Engineers and Scientists (MAES). Education: B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of the Pacific, 1984. M.S., Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of California-Santa Barbara, 1986.
- Senior Management Executive: President/CEO, Larson Pallet & Crating, 2001 to Present. Affiliated Consultant, Amphora Consulting, 2006-Present. Consultant/Interim EVP of Marketing & Strategy, Color Spot Nurseries, 2001. Vice President-Market Development, Clustra Systems, 2000-2001. Senior Director-Market Development and Customer Service, Weave Innovations, 2000. Booz Allen & Hamilton: Vice President 1998-2000, General Manger 1996-1999, Principal 1995-1996, Senior Associate/Associate 1991-1995. Education: M.B.A., Business Policy & Financial Management, University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business, 1991. B.A., Economics with Distinction: minor, Political Science, Cum Laude, University of California, 1987.
Stuart I. Jacobs, M.D.
- Private Practice, 1976-Present. Clinical Instructor of Dermatology, U.C. Davis Medical School and San Joaquin General Hospital, 1976-1984. Education: B.S., University of Michigan, 1968. M.D., University of Michigan, 1972. Medical Internship, Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI, 1972-1973. Post Graduate Resident Training-Dermatology, University of Michigan, 1973-1976. Special Honors: Recipient of the Marian Jacobs Exemplar Award. Stockton Civic Theatre, 2006. Ambassador Board Member-Brubeck Institute, 2002-Present. University of the Pacific. Stockton Symphony Sponsorship Award, 2006-2007.
Howard M. Koff
- CEO, Westbury Enterprises, LLC, 1970-Present. Affiliations: Charter Member, Top of the Table. Member, International Forum, 1975-present. Board of Directors, International Forum, 1981-1986. President, International Forum, 1984-1985. Board of Directors, ALIGNPAC, 1983-1988. Board of Directors, The Association of Advanced Life Underwriting, 1985-1988. Member, Young President’s Organization (YPO), 1981-1998. Member, World President’s Organization, 1998-Present. Community and Civic Organizations: Board of Trustees, Menninger Foundation. Cedars Sinai Hospital Associates. D.A.R.E. California Executive Committee Member. Milken Community High School Financial Resources Development Board. Board of Regents, Executive committee of the University of the Pacific as Treasurer and Chairman of the Finance Committee. Menninger/Baylor/Methodist Hospital Board of Directors.
Stanley M. Lee
- Consultant – Development/Marketing of UNIPAL products, 2004-Present. Inventor/Developer of UNIPAL, 1992-2004. Plant Manager, FMC, 1974-1992. Harris Corporation-Webb Press Division, 19-1974. Management Trainee, Sikorsky Aircraft, 1964-19. U.S. Army, 1960-1964. Education: B.S. Business Administration/Manufacturing Engineering, University of Connecticut, 1960. M.B.A., University of Bridgeport, 1967.
- President, Albertsons, 1965-1975. CEO, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., 1975-1980. CEO, American Super Stores, 1987-1989. CEO, American Stores Company 1989-1992. Current Affiliations: Board of Directors, Albertsons Foundation. Prior Affiliations: Served on the board of thirty organizations ranging from financial and academic institutions to national philanthropic organizations to major companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Prior director for both the Western and National Associations of Food Chains. Served on Board of Directors, McCall Enterprises, Inc. Special Recognition: Listed in 10 directories from Who’s Who in America to International Men of Achievement.
H. James White
- President, White-Leasure Development Company, 1975-Present. President and CEO, Shelterex Corporation, 1969-1974.Executive, Boise Cascade Corporation, 1963-1969. Current Affiliations: Board Member, Boise Valley Economic Partnership. Member, International Council of Shopping Centers. Prior Affiliations: Member, Boise Area Chamber of Commerce board of Directors. Vice President of the Board’s Executive Committee. President of Boise Convention Center, Inc. Education: M.B.A., Harvard University. B.A., Business, University of Washington.
- Vice President of Plant Engineering, upper management and various positions, United parcel Service, 1977-2007. Part owner and Manager, Great American Record & Plant Company, 1975-977. Tire Changer, Master Service Center, 1975. Shipping & Receiving Clerk, Price Drug Stores, 1973-1975. Tire Changer, Vista Tire Center, 1970-1973. Bagger, Alpha Beta Grocery Store, 1968-1970. Independent Contractor, 1960-1968. Prior Affiliations: Co-chaired activities for United Negro College Fund and Boy Scouts of America. Black Executive Exchange Program sponsored by National Urban League. Board Member; New Orleans United Way, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Kettering University. Board Chairman, Georgia Family Connection Partnership, 2008. 20 years of volunteering for non profits.